Welcome to Valley Cities. We’re here to help.

Valley Cities Behavioral Health Care has provided behavioral health care services to people of all ages for over 50 years. Through the ongoing support of our community, Valley Cities delivers compassionate care through 12 comprehensive outpatient clinics throughout King County. We offer licensed mental health counseling and substance use disorder treatment for all ages; homeless outreach services and housing programs; and specialized services that deliver counseling and family support to veterans and their families.

You can do this. Your recovery starts now. 

1-2-3 steps to start your recovery

  1. Call and speak with one of our screeners. Our first call helps determine your eligibility for mental health, psychiatric or substance use services at Valley Cities. Our team is available Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at (253) 833-7444.

  2. Review eligibility requirements. On the phone, you’ll go over eligibility requirements, learn what you’ll need to bring with you for your intake visit, and answer any questions you may have. If you require an interpreter, or have special needs, please let us know.

  3. Come in to any of our neighborhood clinics for an intake assessment. Walk-in intakes are available Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., though availability may vary.

    Note on intake availability: all Valley Cities offices are closed in the mornings on the third Wednesday of each month for staff training. Please take that into consideration when planning a time to come in for your intake.

Substance use (SUD) assessments

If you are in need of a substance use (or chemical dependency) assessment, they are available at the following locations and days, 8:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (availability may vary):

You may walk-in for a SUD assessment. Assessments are completed on a first-come, first served basis. Please call in advance to ensure eligibility, (253) 833-7444 (Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.). You must bring photo ID, your Provider One medical card, and all current prescriptions.

If your need for an assessment is due to a DUI charge, you must also bring a current driving abstract from the Department of Licensing, criminal history report, police report of incident, including BAC report (if applicable), and court or attorney contact information (required if assessment is court-ordered).

At your assessment, you will review information about the services we provide and complete SUD intake forms. If you require an interpreter, or have special needs, please let us know.

Helpful Links

Find care near you.