Peer Support Specialist – New JourneysApply Now
Function as a member of the New Journeys team, a comprehensive program for individuals who have experienced a first episode of psychosis. Peer Support Specialists have personal, lived experience in recovery and are responsible for mentoring clients (ages 15 to 40), experiencing psychosis, in their journey to health and wellness. This position works with the entire family to inspire hope and support recovery. This position carries out the activities and processes outlined in the peer NAVIGATE manual to individual program participants. Clinical services will be provided to participants in and out of the office setting to promote quality, cost-effective outcomes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide 1:1 support to individuals in recovery from first episode psychosis.
- Engage consumers in a professional and open manner.
- Provide an encouraging and hopeful attitude.
- Interact with youth & adult clients as a peer by sharing common experiences and modeling resiliency and recovery.
- Serve families and individual with Trauma Informed and NAVIGATE approach.
- Share personal stories of successful education, employment and other areas of recovery.
- Educate program participants on the importance of resuming social roles and developing healthy natural support system.
- Lived experience navigating mental health and other young adult systems. •
- Washington State Peer Counselor Certification, or ability to attain within 60 days of hire.
- Must be willing to use own lived experiences to provide hope and peer support to clients experiencing similar challenges.
- Must be able to engage and collaborate with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Current Washington State Driver’s license and reliable transportation to provide outreach and extensive travel throughout King County.
- Pass required background checks.
- High School Diploma or GED.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package. Please apply online, or send a resume & cover letter to our Human Resources Department:
- Email: email@example.com
- FAX: 253-735-9974
- Mail: Valley Cities/HR, 325 W Gowe St, Kent, WA 98032
We are dedicated to Equal Opportunity Employment & embrace the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Any job offer will be contingent upon the results of an updated background investigation.