Mental Health Care Coordinator – Eastgate Public HealthApply Now
The care coordinator is responsible for providing and coordinating mental health care and community referrals for low income adult clients, parenting moms, and others as designated at the Eastgate Public Health Clinic. Mental health treatment will be based on an adaptation of the IMPACT model (http://impact-uw.org), an evidence-based model of care that helps primary care physicians and mental health providers collaborate effectively to treat depression. The care coordinator provides education and behavioral activation, monitors symptoms and response to medication and/or psychotherapy using structured instruments, works closely with the primary care provider and the consulting psychiatrist to revise the treatment plan when the client is not improving, and offers a brief course of therapy, as necessary. The care coordinator is responsible for timely and effective referrals to and from community-based resources, and for facilitating high levels of continuity of care. Documentation in the MHITS electronic tracking system and in Epic electronic health record used at Public Health Seattle King County is required.
- Seattle (Eastgate), WA
Essential Job Functions:
- Experience working with underserved and transient populations.
- Experience working with clients who have substance abuse issues.
- Excellent working knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidence-based treatments for mental health conditions.
- Prior exposure to brief, structured counseling techniques (e.g. CBT) desired.
- Ability to work through brief client contacts and make quick and accurate clinical assessments of mental and behavioral conditions.
- Comfort with the pace of primary care.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships and professional rapport with clients and other members of the care team.
- MSW, MA, BSN, licensed preferred.
- MHP required.
- Pass required background checks.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package. Please apply online, or send a resume & cover letter to our Human Resources Department:
- Email: email@example.com
- FAX: 253-735-9974
- Mail: Valley Cities/HR, 325 W Gowe St, Kent, WA 98032
We are dedicated to Equal Opportunity Employment & embrace the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Any job offer will be contingent upon the results of an updated background investigation.