Maintenance TechnicianApply Now
Under general supervision of the Facilities Manager perform a variety of limited semi-skilled work involving basic repair of buildings, facilities, apartments, equipment, and devices. Employee in this position is responsible for the satisfactory performance of light and heavy manual laboring tasks in a wide variety of construction and maintenance work to include plumbing, carpentry, welding, masonry, refrigeration, electrical, roofing, appliance repair, alteration, and lawn upkeep. Some assignments may require skills that can readily be learned on the job. Many tasks assigned may be routine and repetitive in nature. The work location may vary as needed and evening and weekend on-call work is required. Work is evaluated through results obtained and on-the-job inspections.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform minor maintenance on facilities including plumbing, carpentry, refrigeration, electrical, appliance, roofing, etc., as directed. Perform painting duties of the interiors and exteriors of buildings.
- Perform janitorial duties including general clean-up work around the sites. Janitorial duties may include, and are not limited to, waxing of floors, cleaning of restroom facilities, and emptying of trash.
- Support the Housing teams with Rent-Ready maintenance/repairs for vacant apartments as directed by the Facilities Manager which may include routine cleaning duties inside apartments when a resident moves out.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 5 years related experience.
- Pass required background checks.
- Ability to work independently.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package. Please apply online, or send a resume & cover letter to our Human Resources Department:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FAX: 253-735-9974
- Mail: Valley Cities/HR, 325 W Gowe St, Kent, WA 98032
We are dedicated to Equal Opportunity Employment & embrace the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Any job offer will be contingent upon the results of an updated background investigation.