Employment Services Program
Our Employment Services Program is a Supported Employment Program, which is an Evidence Based Practice. Through that model of service delivery, the following supports are available to Valley Cities clients.
- Benefits Planning: We can help you understand how work will impact your Social Security benefits and how to utilize associated work incentives.
- Vocational Counseling: We can help you choose a career goal based on your interests.
- Job Development: We will assist in making connections with employers in the community.
- Job Placement: We will match your work skills with the needs of local employers.
- Job Retention: We will be available to help you adjust to your new position.
We can also connect you to the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) through our liaison relationship so you can have additional supports. If you are interested in getting connected to our program, either speak to your clinician for a referral or simply show up at our open Employment Support Group.
“My Vocational Specialist has always been available to answer my questions, help facilitate working with DVR, and has been encouraging & wonderfully supportive!” – Jennifer K.
“Working a stable job makes me feel great. Being able to make money and provide for myself gives me a great sense of pride.” – Vivian M.
“It gives me a release for my energy and helps me focus on doing a good job.” – Robert R.